At Light of Mine (LOM), all of our products are consciously created, and carry the intention to be reused and recycled after each use. We strive to reduce our carbon footprint and work to leave our world better than we found it, through our service and our care. Because of this promise, every LOM candle comes in a heat-resistant glass tumbler that can be cleaned out and repurposed to your imagination once the candle has been completely burned. Candles are also packaged in recycled paper tubing, which can be further recycled once discarded or repurposed for gift-giving. Shipping materials can also be composted, which nourishes our soil and helps feed the beautiful microbiology of our planet for future generations.
Here are some helpful tips to safely upcycle your LOM candle:
1. Burn the candle to completion.
2. Place non-toxic soap in tumbler and soak with hot water for 2 hours.
3. With a sponge, gently scrub out excess wax from the bottom of the candle and remove the metal fastener.
4. If desired, peel off label.
5. Ensure tumbler is completely clean.
6. Allow your creativity to flow and discover the infinite opportunities for your new tumbler.
7. Share how you redesign your shine! Tag us @LOMLIFESTYLE